I don't know how many times I've tried to be a blogger. It's a lot. This may become another failed attempt, practically over before it's begun, but lately I've thought a lot about how I'd like to share some of my life adventures, how I'd like to learn alongside other people who are smarter and probably also cooler than me, and how I really enjoy attention and if I get famous from a blog that'd be pretty cool. So, here I am. Typing away. Not sure how to get from this subject to the next one. Hrm.
What I really want to write about is healthy living and being more conscious of what goes into my body, what chemicals are in my home, what waste I am putting out into the world, and ways I can be a better steward of my life, possessions, health, and money. That sounds suuuuuuuper boring though, and I don't want anybody, including myself, to think of this like a health and wellness blog or anything like that. I am not good at being healthy or well, because:
1. I love eating more than enough of carby, sugary, fatty foods.
2. I love sitting and watching shows for hours.
3. I love researching things and then never doing anything about it except filing it away in the part of my brain that houses "fun facts."
4. I love giving up when things are kinda a little hardish.
5. I don't like complicated things that will require trial and error.
6. I hate cleaning stuff and being organized.
7. I like to buy new things that I don't need.
8. I usually believe that things labeled "eco-friendly" or similar are a lie.
And other stuff.
So basically, I'm normal.
This is really a blog about a super normal person fumbling her way to a healthier, more environmentally conscious lifestyle. Sometimes I fail, like this week when I bought two new pairs of jeans from a store that I know probably makes their clothes in sweat shops. Whoops. Sorry, kids in China. I'd like to say I'll make it up to you, but I probably won't because I don't really know how.
If you're like that too, then read on. It'll be an adventure, probably.
Mara
No comments:
Post a Comment